Call DBA Web Technologies Today203-267-5219
203-586-8048Fax DBA Web Technologies
203-405-3913Email DBA Web Technologies firstname.lastname@example.org
DevOps Engineer (AWS, Chef, Java, Linux, GIT, Scripting) in Richmond, VA
Position: DevOps Engineer (AWS, Chef, Java, Linux, GIT, Scripting)
Location: Richmond, VA
Duration: Full-Time Permanent position (no contracts, no corp to corp, no remote)
Salary: Excellent Compensation with benefits + Bonus + interview travel
SKILLS: DevOps Engineer, AWS, Chef, Java, Linux Admin, GIT, SVN, Jenkins, Hudson, Maven, Shell, Ruby, Python
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to:
· Develop a next generation, continuous delivery platform and infrastructure and be responsible for software design, system architecture and code on models at the enterprise level.
· Coordinate and scale the evolving build and cloud deployment systems across all product development teams.
· Work in tandem with our Enterprise Architect, Development and Operations teams to raise awareness for process, tool and best practices for Continuous Delivery pipeline and implementation.
· Performing as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components.
· Collaborating with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design.
· Documenting design decisions and ensuring adherences.
· Driving project/service delivery.
· Supporting QA during testing, and oversight during implementation into production.
· Supporting PM in technical tasks & delivery schedule development.
· Reviewing system test scenarios & test cases.
· Monitoring operating efficiency of existing application systems.
· -Code Chef recipes/cookbooks in an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Public Cloud environment
· -Code frameworks/APIs on AWS using Java/python/Go lang/Ruby/PHP SDKs
· -Program data ingestion/processing in any of the scripting languages
· -Deliver AWS based infrastructure solutions using AWS Cloud Formation (JSON) and Chef (Ruby) for configuration management
· -Migrate on premise applications to AWS
· -Create models/diagrams/views to facilitate infrastructure as a service (IaaS), Software as a service(SaaS) and Platform as a Service(PaaS) solutions
· -Responsible for the day to day operations of Capital One's AWS production and pre-production infrastructure (ensuring system availability, performance, capacity, and continuity through proper response to incidents, events and problems)
· -Develop procedures to automate various systems and tasks (e.g. automating code builds and deployments)
· -Execute system administration of hosting platforms capable of running on a variety of frameworks (java, node.js, ruby, php, python)
· -Assist in code promotion process to production environments
· Bachelor's degree or military experience
· At least 3 years of experience providing enterprise Linux based system administration
· At least 2 years of experience with GIT or at least 2 years of experience with SVN or at least 1 year of experience with Jenkins Hudson
· At least 1 year of experience with Maven or at least 1 year of experience with Sonar or at least 1 year of experience with U Deploy
· At least 2 years of experience with Shell or at least 1 year of experience with Ruby or at least one year of experience with Python
· At least 2 years of experience with AWS cloud automation
· At least 2 years of experience Chef or at least 2 year of experience with Puppet or at least 1 year of experience with Ansible
· ==Masters degree or military experience