Call DBA Web Technologies Today203-267-5219
203-586-8048Fax DBA Web Technologies
203-405-3913Email DBA Web Technologies firstname.lastname@example.org
Storage System Administrator (SAN, NAS, Oracle, RAID, SCSI, Fibre Channel, Storage Arrays, Volume Management) in Melbourne, FL
Position: Storage System Administrator (SAN, NAS, Oracle, RAID, SCSI, Fibre Channel, Storage Arrays, Volume Management)
Location: Melbourne, FL
Duration: Full-Time Permanent positions (no contracts, no corp to corp, no remote)
Salary: Excellent Compensation with benefits
· This position requires the ability to obtain security clearances
SKILLS: Storage System Administrator, SAN, NAS, Oracle, RAID, SCSI, Fibre Channel, Storage Arrays, Volume Management, NetApp V-Series, FAS Storage, HDS HUS, Brocade Fibre Channel SAN
· Storage Administrator providing storage and data protection support for the engineering open enterprise, programs and secure areas
· Enterprise storage management responsibilities covering multiple sites in Brevard County and national sites for Regional Operations.
· Configuration and administration of Brocade Fibre Channel Storage Area Networks (SAN).
· Configuration and administration of iSCSI IP Storage Area Networks (SAN).
· Configuration and administration of Hitachi Enterprise and Mid-range storage subsystems.
· Configuration and administration of NetApp Network Attached Storage (NAS) appliances.
· Daily Operations & Maintenance assisting system administrators and application engineers with storage performance or capacity issues, executing storage hardware and software maintenance, and provisioning storage as required.
· Implementing data replication processes per Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP).
· Monitoring and reporting of all storage management processes.
· Designing and implementing storage solutions in support of program or pursuit requirements.
· Providing after hours and weekend On-Call storage support as scheduled.
· Professional development opportunities with advanced storage administration training.
· BS in IT, MIS, CS degree or AS/AA with 10 years of equivalent military or civilian Government/contractor work experience.
· 6+ years’ experience in Storage Administration (SAN/NAS)
· Advanced proficiency with Oracle Solaris, Red Hat Linux or Microsoft Windows servers is required.
· Advanced proficiency with RAID, SCSI, Fibre Channel, TCP/IP, and Volume Management is required.
· Intermediate proficiency with NetApp V-series or FAS Storage Appliances, HDS HUS or G-series Storage Arrays, and Brocade Fibre Channel SAN switches is required.
· Basic or higher proficiency with Commvault Backup and Recovery software a plus.
· Some lifting/bending required, up to 30 pounds.
· This position requires a TS/SCI security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
· Red Hat or Microsoft certification preferred.
· NetApp, HDS, Brocade or SNIA certification preferred.
· Ability to travel to multiple locations within Brevard County area.
· Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
· Ability to prepare and present technical documents and presentations to employees and customers.
· Self-starter and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to learn new technologies and execute tasks with moderate guidance.
· Ability to be very detail oriented and interact with a wide range of individuals and levels of management.
· Customer focus and understand customer’s sense of urgency.
· Dependable team player.