Call DBA Web Technologies Today203-267-5219
203-586-8048Fax DBA Web Technologies
203-405-3913Email DBA Web Technologies email@example.com
Application Developer Lead (JAVA, JEE, SOA, ESB) in PA or OH
Position: Application Developer Lead (JAVA, JEE, SOA, ESB)
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, or Cleveland, OH or Columbus, OH
Duration: Full-Time Permanent position (no contracts, no corp to corp, no remote)
Salary: Excellent Compensation with benefits + bonus + relocation + interview travel
SKILLS: JAVA, JEE, RDBMS, Middleware, SOA, ESB, BPMS, BRMS, Content Management, Portal
As a Lead Application Developer (IIB/ESB), you are a member of corporate Technology organization. You can be based in Pittsburgh, PA or Cleveland, OH or Columbus, OH.
This position will be part of Systems Engineering group, responsible for delivery of innovative services/solutions that enables the business to drive speed to market, enhance the customer experience, enable customer self-servicing and recognize cost savings.
We are looking for a highly experienced Application Developer Lead with 5 to 7 years of experience who will be responsible for providing hands-on technical development expertise required to design and develop enterprise level ESB/SOA based applications. A successful candidate must have experience with ESB/SOA design and development, deployment, automation, and preferably development on Linux/UNIX/Windows platforms and integration experience. In this position you will develop complex application software and assess and determine design considerations for large applications.
• Detailed working knowledge of distributed technologies (Java, JEE, Relational Databases, Middleware, SOA, ESB, BPMS, BRMS, Content Management, Portal)
• Expert and thorough understanding of IT concepts including software/application design and development, database concepts & structures, and testing techniques
• Professional experience with planning, designing, developing, and deploying production applications (multiple platforms experience preferred)
• Provide technical design and development expertise to successfully execute complex projects/initiatives which includes Technology Architecture, Design, Development, QA and successful launch
• Demonstrated understanding and experience in Systems Architecture
• Experience with IBM Integration Bus or other ESBs preferred
• Experience as a Software Engineer/Systems Integrator working on Java/JEE application development
• Demonstrated understanding and experience with SOA and Message Oriented Architecture
• Leads in the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
• Directs business assessment and requirements analysis processes, for the development of hardware and operating systems.
• Analyses features such as feasibility, associated costs, time, and the compatibility of new programs with existing programs, and hardware. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved.
• Coordinates coding, testing, implementation and documentation of application solutions .
• Performs complex application programming activities including, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, maintaining, and modifying complex applications programs .
Leadership Competencies: Core Competencies:
Manages Risk - Working Experience:
• Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience:
• Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies:
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT TOOLS - Subject Matter Expertise
• Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
Application Testing - Extensive Experience:
• Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.
Application Design, Architecture - Subject Matter Expertise:
• Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
APPLICATION DELIVERY PROCESS - Extensive Experience:
• Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
Packaged Application Integration - Subject Matter Expertise:
• Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.
System Development Life Cycle - Extensive Experience:
• Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
Product and Vendor Evaluation - Working Experience:
• Knowledge of and ability to implement processes for the evaluation and selection of products, tools, services and infrastructure components ensuring they are in line with an organization's business needs and architectural principles.
Technical Troubleshooting - Subject Matter Expertise:
• Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
Software Process Improvement (SPI) - Extensive Experience:
• Knowledge of formal software process improvement disciplines, and ability to assess and improve the quality and operating costs associated with an existing application.
Required Education and Experience:
• Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience.
• Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Java, JEE
• Relational Databases
• Content Management