Call DBA Web Technologies Today203-267-5219
203-586-8048Fax DBA Web Technologies
203-405-3913Email DBA Web Technologies firstname.lastname@example.org
SQL Server Database Administrator (T-SQL, Tuning, Stored Procedures, Database Design, Logical DBA) in Fairfield, Iowa
Position: SQL Server Database Administrator (T-SQL, Tuning, Stored Procedures, Database Design, Logical DBA)
Location: Fairfield, Iowa
Duration: Full-Time Permanent positions (no contracts, no corp to corp, no remote)
Salary: Excellent Compensation with benefits + relocation + interview travel
SKILLS: SQL Server DBA, Logical DBA, Database Design, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Replication, SSIS, SSRS, IIS, XML, SQL Server Performance Monitoring tools, OLAP
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
Assist with the department’s mission including implementing improved reliability, availability and security; major functional enhancements to application software; daily operational support; as well a technical re-design to migrate to SQL Server 2016.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Database Administrator will provide key technical skills in support of our database administration, including:
• Support, administer, and maintain production, testing, and development SQL Server environments.
• Provide 24x7-production support. Support responsibilities are rotated among the members of the Production Support team.
• Data modeling for new and existing distributed and replicated SQL Server databases; administration of enterprise data dictionary.
• Work with SCRUM teams to provide support for database deployments and upgrades.
• Administer SQL Server security and protect sensitive data
• Create and maintain SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages.
• Review, deploy, and administer security for SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports.
• Design, implement and monitor optimal backup strategies for each database to achieve maximum required data protection.
• Participate in peer code reviews and design reviews.
• Administer database configuration controls for development, test, demo and production environments.
• Monitor and report on SQL Server database performance, backups, security, errors; validate database restore procedures; provide emergency system restore support.
• Design and implement automated data ETL processes
• Perform ad hoc queries per user requests
• Identify data integrity issues; convert data to more normalized and structured models.
• Provide coordination and programming leadership for other database designers and programmers.
• Document data integration processes and database configurations
Very strong experience required in:
• Relational database design;
• MS SQL Server administration;
• T-SQL programming with complex stored procedures and triggers
• Experience desired in SharePoint, Replication, SSIS, SSRS, IIS, XML, SQL Server Performance Monitoring tools, OLAP
BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
1. For Intermediate level: 4+ years related experience
2. For Senior level: 8+ years related experience
• Candidate MUST relocate to Fairfield, Iowa or be located in Fairfield, Iowa and MUST work onsite.
• Must have experience in SQL Server as a DBA
• SQL Certifications and Microsoft Certified is a plus!
• Prefer Logical DBA background (versus. Physical DBA)
• Ideal candidate will have very strong experience in relational database design, MS SQL Server administration, TSQL programming with complex stored procedures and triggers
• Be available for on call rotation - 1 week every 3 months
• MUST be self-directed and interested in database systems and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask