Call DBA Web Technologies Today203-267-5219
203-586-8048Fax DBA Web Technologies
203-405-3913Email DBA Web Technologies firstname.lastname@example.org
DevOps Tech Lead (UNIX Administration, Docker, software deployment and configuration, Infrastructure Engineering, RedHat, Ansible, failover techniques, load balancing, business continuity, bash, python) in New York City
POSITION: Position: DevOps Tech Lead (UNIX Administration, Docker, software deployment and configuration, Infrastructure Engineering, RedHat, Ansible, failover techniques, load balancing, business continuity, bash, python)
LOCATION: New York City - (3 days onsite, 2 days remote)
DURATION: Full-Time Permanent position
SALARY: Excellent Compensation with benefits
SKILLS: DevOps Engineer, Tech Lead, Unix Administration, Docker, software deployment and configuration, Infrastructure Engineering, RedHat, Ansible, failover techniques, load balancing, business continuity, bash, python
We have an immediate need for a DevOps Tech Lead with extensive experience with UNIX Administration, Docker, software deployment and configuration, Infrastructure Engineering, RedHat, Ansible, failover techniques, load balancing, business continuity, bash, and python. This position will be based in New York City.
· Are you a Unix Administrator and software developer at heart?
· Do you know what the correct technical infrastructure is for an agile and business focused organization?
· Have you successfully delivered the right foundation that software development community thrives on?
· Do you have hands on experience with Ansible, Docker and bash/Python scripting?
· If you’ve designed, provisioned and managed run-time platforms, fully automated continuous integration and deployment solutions then we have a destination for you:
· Create and maintain automation for the run-time environment for Nimble Development Methodology (NDM) solutions
· Automate provisioning of computing, network and storage resources in the environment
· Create and maintain the software deployment automation solution
· Implement inventory management for the NDM environment
· Define, implement and facilitate interface solutions with enterprise service management systems
· Collaborate with divisional software developers to maximize developer productivity via NDM
· Provide leadership and subject matter expertise in deployment for the developer community
· Maintain production environment’s integrity embracing the extended support model
Our well-established DevOps team is managing, operating and extending its Agile (Nimble Development Methodology, aka “Nimble”) based platform for software developments.
The Nimble DevOps:
· Owns production integrity, enabling Capital Markets to manage our retained portfolio as well as debt funding, liquidity management, interest-rate hedging and securitization
· Provides a platform for the division’s software development community (200+ professionals), guaranteeing consistency between development, integration, pre-production and production environment
· Delivers automated tools and pipeline for continuous integration and development (CI/CD), meeting demanding and challenging business needs in a controlled yet efficient and timely manner
· You will support, directly and indirectly, various development teams to maximize Nimble’s value proposition.
· As the subject matter expert to the development community, you support providing a one-stop technical solution to anyone delivering products driven by business in a timely, efficient and agile manner.
· Our ideal candidate also collaborates with the internal community and empowers it to economically and effectively meet business needs — providing consultancy throughout the entire lifecycle, especially in:
Ö Application architecture and software containerization (Docker)
Ö Iterative and test-driven development
Ö Continuous integration and deployment
Ö Automated testing.
Ö You will thrive on developing, maintaining, and extending Nimble's automation fabric and enhancing tools for Project workflow, Source code and artifacts management, development workflow, continuous build and integration, test automation, and, continuous delivery and deployments.
· 5yrs+ experience of Unix Administration
· 3yrs+ experience of hands on experience with Docker
· 5yrs+ experience developing solutions and managing environments that automate software deployment and configuration
· 5yrs+ experience in infrastructure engineering for both non-production and production environments
· 8 - 10 years relevant professional experience
· Expert in Operating System Platform Configuration, both Linux platforms (Red Hat) and Automated configuration management (Ansible)
· Expert in High Availability techniques (failover techniques and load balancing, and, business continuity – wide area resiliency)
· Expert in scripting languages (Bash/Python)
· Knowledge of Application Software deployment and orchestration techniques (yum)
Ideal candidate will be:
· Unix administrator with software developer’s acumen
· Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
· Facilitate complete solutions meeting software developer, infrastructure and DevOps teams’ needs
· Develop fully automatic and lights-out implementations
· Strong consultation and communications skills
· Curiosity to learn and instill new paradigms in others