Call DBA Web Technologies Today203-267-5219
203-586-8048Fax DBA Web Technologies
203-405-3913Email DBA Web Technologies firstname.lastname@example.org
THREE Network Engineer (Installation, configuration, troubleshooting, network communications, disaster recovery, network load balancer) in Huntsville, AL
POSITION: THREE Network Engineers (Installation, configuration, troubleshooting, network communications, disaster recovery, network load balancer)
LOCATION: Huntsville, AL (Onsite positions - No remote)
DURATION: Full Time - (THREE POSITIONS)
SALARY: Excellent Compensation with benefits + 401K
SKILLS: Network Engineer, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, repair, multi-layered network infrastructure administration, cyber security, vulnerability management, network communications, disaster recovery, network load balancer, BlueCoat proxy, network appliances. Administers enterprise wireless network, LTE Cradlepoints, WI-FI access points
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the design, configuration, and testing of the networking topology, monitoring and administration software, networking hardware, and associated operating system.
· Responsible for the administration of a multi-layered network infrastructure; maintains redundant network communications to multiple branch offices, the Co-Location, RFCU’s offsite disaster recovery data center, the dual/load balanced internet circuits. Administers the network load balancer, BlueCoat proxy and numerous network appliances. Administers enterprise wireless network appliances, to include LTE Cradlepoints for ITMs and offsite locations, along with management of WI-FI access points.
· Administers multi-layered security controls to include multiple enterprise firewalls and internet proxy solution to protect RFCU’s network; troubleshoots internet related communication issues; evaluates geo-location and firewall protocols to mitigate potential security concerns. Ensure the network infrastructure are protected from potential malware and viruses, identifying and making recommendation of areas where security can be improved, keeping up to date on ever-changing cyber-threats
· Oversees the Network Administrator and Network Specialist position in the research, analysis, evaluation, and assessment required for purchase and implementation of network hardware and software
· Escalation support for network support; performs network systems diagnostics, testing and administration tasks on firewalls, routers and switches; troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves or coordinates the resolution of user problems and complaints with equipment and service providers; establishes and reviews preventative maintenance schedules.
· Serve as a lead on network and firewall infrastructure projects, including credit union expansion into new markets, departmental moves, build-outs, and new constructions.
· Works closely with the Information Security team to install security patches and firmware to ensure proper security measures are in place; makes recommendation for improvement to further protect the Credit Union’s infrastructure.
· Oversees the installation, customization, configuration, testing, optimization, and maintenance of the network and firewall equipment and software, to include firewalls, servers, routers and switches.
· Responsible for monitoring and trending network and firewall performance, making recommendation for optimization and improvements
· Receives and creates implementation procedure requests for new or enhanced network infrastructure services including moves, adds or changes, and setup of related hardware and software.
· Analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves network problems and applications access issues; reinstalls and configures software; reboots servers/appliances; works with users to assist with troubleshooting of network hardware and applications.
· Makes programming changes on a large, complex network communications switch system to add, move and/or modify network users, equipment, lines and automated services; maintains system databases on physical locations, descriptions, access privileges and routing protocols for network users and services.
· Performs day-to-day administration, maintenance, modification, troubleshooting, repair and support of network, firewall and VoIP communications systems and equipment including Cradlepoints, switches, routers, network analyzer, TCP/IP protocols and other complex, state-of-the-art network communications systems and services.
· Coordinates technical network and telecommunications infrastructure planning to ensure appropriate automated system connections to all credit union branches and facilities and third-party data interfaces, including NCR, Federal Reserve, MeridianLink, Interpro, and STAR, in order to meet credit union needs and requirements.
· Troubleshoots, identifies and isolates causes of systems and equipment problems and failures and determines timely solutions; works with users and other infrastructure staff to correct problems and document solutions.
· Researches, evaluates and orders hardware and software based on specifications; works directly with vendors to test and purchase new hardware and software; develops policies and procedures and participates in installing, configuring and running software and hardware; develops and manages annual budget for network systems.
· Training new staff on network and security related procedures and ensure that new staff are aware of company communication policies
· Maintains up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional associations.
· 4 Year / Bachelor’s Degree - Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or a closely related field - Required
· Network+ certification - Required
· Security+ certification - Preferred
Ö NOTE - An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
· 7 Years - Responsible experience in the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, repair, maintenance, upgrade and performance monitoring of network and firewall infrastructures - Required
· Network architectures and theory and principles of network and firewall design and integration, including topologies and protocols.
· Principles, practices, methods, tools and utilities of systems/network/firewall administration and maintenance.
· Principles, methods and techniques for installation, configuration and operation of network and firewall systems, hardware and devices.
· Methods and techniques for performing connectivity testing and troubleshooting, including the uses of diagnostic tools and equipment.
· Programming theory and languages applicable to RFCU’s platform/network operating systems.
· Perform complex network and firewall administration functions in a multi-platform network environment accurately and efficiently.
· Troubleshoot and resolve complex and ambiguous hardware, software and connectivity problems.
· Effectively apply internal and external customer service practices and processes to meet quality service standards and achieve member satisfaction.
· Learn and apply information, on a wide range of Credit Union products, services and regulatory compliance requirements, in order to assess member situations and develop solutions.
· Resolve problems utilizing advanced knowledge and experience.
· Communicate in a professional manner and deliver information clearly and effectively. Actively listen to questions, opinions and ideas of others. Use tact and diplomacy in sensitive and confidential situations.
· Use correct English including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
· Operate computers and use business software and other standard office equipment.
· Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
· Set priorities and manage one’s own time effectively.