Call DBA Web Technologies Today203-267-5219
203-586-8048Fax DBA Web Technologies
203-405-3913Email DBA Web Technologies email@example.com
Manager, Electrical Engineering (Team Lead, electronic circuit boards, radio products, PCB Design, fabrication, assembly, Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, PADS) in Rochester, NY
POSITION: Manager, Electrical Engineering (Management Experience, electronic circuit boards, radio products, PCB Design, fabrication, assembly, Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, PADS)
LOCATION: Rochester, NY
DURATION: Full-Time (ONSITE Position) (No remote, No corp to corp, No Contract)
SECURITY: Ability to obtain Security Clearance later
SALARY: Excellent Compensation with benefits + relocation + 401K
SKILLS: Electrical Engineer, electronic circuit boards, radio products, PCB: design, fabrication, assembly, or supply chain, PCB design value chain, schematics, materials, fabrication, assembly, design and simulation software tools, latest technology in PCB, component design, Project Management, PMP, Agile, Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, PADS, Metrics collection and analysis, interpersonal skills, business acumen, Self-starter, results oriented, problem-solving, with ability to build strong cross-functional team cooperation, Excellent verbal and written communication
The candidate will manage the PCB Design staff supporting all new product developments and existing products on all rigid board and flex layout designs, schematic/BOM changes, and electronic part creation. Resource management includes both internal designers and outsourced partners. This individual will work closely with Project Managers, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain to understand and meet functional, cost, schedule, and quality requirements. They will also have the technical ability and knowledge to drive continuous improvements and utilize advancements in components and PCB design techniques to support the next generation of products.
This position will include mentoring the team with several early career staff members recently added. In addition, succession planning and execution is an immediate and necessary short-term focus to ensure PCB design capabilities are sustained into the future. This position will also manage the expansion of both capabilities and capacity of outsource partners.
· Manage internal and external PCB design teams; ensuring budgets, schedules, and customers’ needs are met
· Prepare budget and schedule estimates for internal designers and outsource partners
· Generate and ensure PCB design standards, processes, and guidelines are being followed by all PCB design teams
· Make design decisions and assess technical risks based on understanding all internal customer requirements
· Develop the team through regular feedback, training, and success planning to ensure sustainability and expansion of design capabilities, throughput, and quality
· Determine resource allocation, financial vehicles, and task prioritization plans that utilizes outsource partners to handle peak periods
· Maintain relationships with outsource partners, ensuring they have the bandwidth and skillset to meet current and future needs
· Provide leadership in cross-functional business teams
· Determine long term strategic view and drive continuous improvements in tools and processes
· Understand technology trends and determine how changes in technology will affect required design methods and tools
· Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 12 years of prior related experience.
· Master's Degree with a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
· 10+ to 15 years of total experience
· Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead cross-department project teams or manage across the function.
· Desired experience with manufacturing and testing electronic circuit boards and radio products.
· 5 + years of PCB work experience in either PCB: design, fabrication, assembly, or supply chain
· Knowledge of the PCB design value chain; schematics, materials, fabrication, assembly, and related design and simulation software tools.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Results oriented with a focus on continuous improvement and strategic thought to enable advancements in capabilities and services
· A passion for and knowledge of the latest technology in PCB and component design
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
· Project Management experience or certification
· Proficiency in Agile
· Working knowledge of Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, PADS
· Metrics collection and analysis
· Strong and positive interpersonal skills
· Strong business acumen
· Self-starter, results oriented, strong problem-solving with ability to build strong cross-functional team cooperation