Call DBA Web Technologies Today203-267-5219
203-586-8048Fax DBA Web Technologies
203-405-3913Email DBA Web Technologies firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior DevOps Engineer - 100% REMOTE (Cloudstack, openstack, kvm, kubernetes, terraform, ELK, zabbix, backbone networks, server farms, capacity planning, data center provisioning, UNIX, Linux)
Position: Senior DevOps Engineer - 100% REMOTE (Cloudstack, openstack, kvm, kubernetes, terraform, ELK, zabbix, backbone networks, server farms, capacity planning, data center provisioning, Unix, Linux)
Location: 100% Remote
Duration: Full-Time position (no contracts, no corp to corp)
Salary: Excellent compensation with benefits
SKILLS: DevOps Engineer, Cloudstack, openstack, kvm, kubernetes, terraform, ELK, zabbix, data center facilities management, backbone networks, server farms, large-scale storage area networks (SAN) and data center provisioning, distributed UNIX, Linux environments
As a Devops Engineer, you will support infrastructure-as-code On-premises, private cloud as well as Managed and External Data Centers.
· Codify the design and automation of critical infrastructure services.
· Assist with the planning, installation, configuration, optimization, operation, security, and ongoing maintenance of our Internet Computer infrastructure
· Work with external data center remote hand technicians to build the Internet Computer infrastructure.
· Participate in the analysis, selection and modification of network lifecycle tooling
· Provide direction and solutions to protect the companys data, tools and information systems.
· Ensure network architecture standards maximize efficiency and support platform compatibility.
· Coordinate delivery of services to user groups minimizing downtime.
· Oversee continual reduction of developer workflow iteration time through automation and tooling of our Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems.
· Continually monitor and assess utilization for capacity planning and process improvement.
· Ensure that processes are well-documented, sustainable and scalable.
· Implements and monitors practices to ensure consistency with policies, compliance, regulations, Service Level Agreements, and control requirements.
Background and Skills:
· Demonstrable knowledge of open source and commercial virtualized infrastructure and required instrumentation and orchestration
· Considerable knowledge of network-based systems operations and maintenance, including a good understanding of protocols and tools necessary for effective resolution of maintenance requests and tracking operational processes
· Expert experience with technologies such as: Cloudstack, openstack, kvm, kubernetes, terraform, ELK, zabbix
· Extensive experience in building, operating and performing capacity planning for global data centers
· In-depth knowledge of the following: data center facilities management, backbone networks, server farms, large-scale storage area networks (SAN) and data center provisioning
· Strong technical and programming skills required to manage distributed UNIX and Linux environments
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work well with people from different disciplines and degrees of technical experience
· Minimum of 5+ to 7 years of experience
Travel = 5% travel may be required
Minimum Education = Bachelor's Degree